The one server setup for API Fortress on-premise is a quick way to get things started in a protected environment. While not ideal for availability or performance, works exactly as expected and provides all the features of the cloud version.
- CPU: Intel based high frequency quad core processor
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- HDD: 250 GB Memory: the memory impacts significantly on the speed of queries on big data sets. 32 GB is a recommended setup HDD: All API Fortress reports and metrics are stored. 10 million reports + 30 million metrics can require up to 250GB of disk space
- OS: a recent Linux distribution
- Docker: 1.12
For the Docker deployment to succeed and to ease further updates, the server has to be able to communicate with https://hub.docker.com
- PostgreSQL: relational database for structured data
- MongoDB: document database for reports and metrics
- RabbitMQ: message queue
- Tomcat: dashboard and engine application
- AFScheduler: the API Fortress scheduler
- AFMailer: the API Fortress mailer
- AFConnector: dynamic data dispatcher for notifications
- AFDownloadAgent: the downloader agent (actually performing HTTP calls)
We assume this deployment will be able to access the services to be tested.
80) and/or HTTPS(
443) inbound traffic enabled for every location that will need access to the dashboards.
- Ports and services may vary based on system requirements.