Puppeteer is a testing framework that you can use to test your web apps locally in Docker and automatically transmit your results to Sauce Labs to take advantage of our streamlined dashboard and view up to 30 days of results and data analytics.
What You'll Need
- A Sauce Labs account (Log in or sign up for a free trial license)
- Your Sauce Labs Username and Access Key
- Docker (for now, Puppeteer is only supported for local testing)
Ensure the Docker daemon is running (e.g.,
docker info works in your terminal / command prompt)
At this time,
saucectl only runs Puppeteer tests locally via Docker (Installation Requirements), which has the following general system requirements:
Supported Testing Platforms
Sauce Labs supports the following test configurations for Puppeteer:
- Sauce Labs
Browser support for each framework is based on the Sauce Labs docker images provided in the
saucectl installation. Each Docker image tag is the latest image that supports the specific framework version, as detailed in the available release notes.
How to Get Started
- Quickstart: Use our demo repo to quickly set up and run a sample Puppeteer project and test to see the results.
- Run your own tests: Customize
saucectlto run your existing tests just by modifying the
config.ymlfile for your project.
We recommend that you avoid the use of special characters when naming your tests. If your test name contains any special characters, your test may not run or its artifacts may not be visible in our platform.