You're viewing legacy documentation for API Fortress (deployed via an on-premises container). To view documentation for the new SaaS version of API Fortress — now known as Sauce Labs API Testing and Monitoring (with Sauce Connect tunnels) — see API Testing on the Sauce Labs Cloud.
This assertion is used to check if the element described by the expression exists. The presence of the element, even empty, is enough to consider it a valid assertion.
|Mode||'all' or 'one'||No|
|Level||'error' or 'warning'||No|
|Stop test if fails||'true' or 'false'||No|
- Expression: The path to the element we want to operate on (e.g.,
payload.ProductID). See Expression for more details.
- Mode: Specify if all the same elements in the payload should match the assertion (‘all’) or if only one element (‘one’) is enough.
- Level: Specify if the assertion fails whether it should be considered an ‘error’ or just a ‘warning’.
- Modifier: The assertion is considered verified if it does not pass.
- Stop test if fails: The test will be immediately stopped if the assertion fails.
- Comment: Add comment messages in the form of a string data type.
A warning will not trigger alerts (such as email or text messages).
Code View Examples
<assert-exists expression="”data.id”" />