This section covers native mobile app test automation using Sauce Labs emulators, simulators, and real devices.
- A Sauce Labs account (Log in or sign up for a free trial license)
- Review system and platform requirements
A general process outline for automated testing goes like this:
- Upload the app you want to test to real devices or virtual devices (emulators and simulators) to a location where Sauce Labs can retrieve it (i.e., AWS S3, GitHub, Dropbox, Sauce Labs storage. Please keep in mind that if the application you want to test isn't publicly available / behind a firewall, you'll need to set up a secure Sauce Connect Proxy tunnel in order for Sauce Labs to connect to the application.
- Update your test script with your Sauce Labs credentials and the path to the application you want to test, as shown in the example scripts located here:
- Set the capabilities for your test for the device/operating system you want to test against, and the path to your application. The topics in Test Configuration and Test Annotation describe the various options for desired capabilities, or you can use our Platform Configurator to set up the desired capabilities of your test.