The Schedule tool, accessible from within each test, allows you to schedule API tests to run as often as you’d like, with granular control as to when it runs. Let’s take a look at how it works.
What You'll Need
- A Sauce Labs account (Log in or sign up for a free trial license).
- An existing, published API Test. For details on how to create one, see the Quickstart.
Creating a New Test Schedule
The Schedule functionality is available only for published tests. For more information, see Publish Your Test.
In the Composer, click the Schedule tab.
Click Create Schedule.
In the New Schedule window, enter a Schedule Name (Description is optional).
- Choose a Time Zone, but verify that you're using the right one. For example, if you're in Berlin and want to run at your local time, make sure to select
- Use the Minute, Hour, Day, and Month parameters to schedule the frequency at which you'd like your test to run. It will repeat at your configured time and interval.
- Optionally, you can add a Sauce Connect Proxy tunnel by selecting one from the No tunnel dropdown or entering a
override variable is declared, its value will be injected into the test when it’s executed. If the variable has already been declared in the Vault or the Globals/Input set, it will be rewritten with the new value.
- When you're finished, click Save. The test will be displayed on the Schedule page.
- Hover your mouse over the test name to access the Pause, Edit, and Delete options.
Editing a Scheduled Test
In your project, on the Tests tab, hover your mouse over the test line item. You'll see icons that allow you to apply edits to your actual test and to the schedule.
* Pencil icon: Edit the test (opens the **Compose** tab)
* Play icon: Run the test manually
* Calendar icon: Open the scheduler without opening the test first
* Trash icon: Delete the test